What's new

Weight loss

Thread starter #1

The MH

Registered
Can anyone tell me a good weight loss pill? I need to lose about 20 pounds. If anyone wants to go the extra mile and tell me a good meal plan to go along with the pill I would be forever great full !
Thanks guys !

A good diet with regular, intense weight training and some cardio. Maybe consider hiring a coach if needed.

I don't mean to be rude at all or ignore your request for "a good weight loss pill" but this is based on experience. Once you get really lean while keeping as much muscle as possible, you can then research what other supplements may help.

E.C.A. might be a good basic option (along with a few others) but you won't notice this until you're ready and reach that point - not off the start.

Good luck,

OD

barneys

Registered
I used to be a fat fuck and I found that the best way to lose weight is to start weighing everything you eat and logging it into myfitnesspal. Make sure you're in a deficit of 500-1000 calories per day and you will lose weight. The key is to know exactly how much you're eating by weighing everything on a food scale.

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
I used to be a fat fuck and I found that the best way to lose weight is to start weighing everything you eat and logging it into myfitnesspal. Make sure you're in a deficit of 500-1000 calories per day and you will lose weight. The key is to know exactly how much you're eating by weighing everything on a food scale.
This isn't worth much if you don't have a handle on how many calories you are burning. What do you do? Do you workout? Do you have an active lifestyle? Sports? How big are you now? How much do you weigh?
Do you have any food allergies? Digestive problems? Other health issues? How long have you been overweight? Are you honest about needing to lose 20 lbs? How do you know that is how much you have to lose? What are your goals.? Like I told you before, no one can dial you in an ideal food plan without knowing all this and more.
Let's get very realistic. I'll bet you already have a good idea what to eat, and, more importantly, what not to. To achieve basic fat loss, you do not have to weigh your food. You know damn good and well if you are eating too much or not. You don't even need to know how much you weigh. Look in the mirror. Am I losing? Am I lean enough? Be honest with yourself. When you like the way you look, like the way you perform, and like the way you feel, your weight and body fat percentage will be just fine, whatever the number. In all honesty, I think you came on here to a forum like this to find someone who will sell you a pill that will make you look good without having to worry about what you eat. It doesn't work like that. It takes effort to have a first class physique. It takes physical work and dietary discipline. There is no other way.

barneys

Registered
You know damn good and well if you are eating too much or not.
Most people who need to lose weight are not honest with themself about how much they're really eating. Hence why you always hear many obese people say things like "I barely eat anything and still can't lose weight OMG" They might believe they're eating like 2000 calories when in reality it's like 3000-3500. Weighing your food will open the eyes of those people who are not honest with themself.

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Most people who need to lose weight are not honest with themself about how much they're really eating. Hence why you always hear many obese people say things like "I barely eat anything and still can't lose weight OMG" They might believe they're eating like 2000 calories when in reality it's like 3000-3500. Weighing your food will open the eyes of those people who are not honest with themself.
I've also heard it said, "I don't know what to eat". Well, you know what not to. If you can't get honest with yourself, you won't weigh your food, not accurately if at all. It is true that if someone is committed enough to weigh their food, they may willing to get honest about what they eat. They will stop making excuses. Very few with chronic weight problems will follow through for long at a time. The people who yo-yo know what works and what doesn't. Plus, you still need to have an idea of how much you are burning for it to help much.
I've never needed to weigh my food to cut, but I have done so in contest prep. I also see people on here who have bragged about how clean and carefully they diet. You would think they should be ripped to shreds, but they put up pics that prove them to be mediocre, at best.

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Weighing your food is a tool that some use successfully, but they tend to be well organized and detail oriented folks that don't tend to do things like eat compulsively. They have more impulse control.

Calories are king, plain and simple.
Eat at a deficit and you lose weight. Eat in excess and you gain weight, simple as that.
As stated above get a scale and weigh everything your sticking in your mouth, no exceptions. As for meal plans just do some google searches for these and you will see they are all mostly very simple with quality proteins, complex carbohydrates and good fats, no saucy / creamy dishes etc.
Cook everything in excess so you always have something of quality to eat in the fridge and plan out your future meals by a few days at minimum, this will keep you from cheating because “there’s nothing to eat”.

Lift4Life

Registered
Assuming your exercise and diet are good, you could add some T3 to help. If they'e re not, a pill won't do much.

This may sound rude but someone looking for a pill to do the work, a lot of work to take off 20lbs is simply just lazy.

Start by posting your diet in the diet section with stats and some of the questions MnB listed above. No pill will make a difference if diet isn't in check.

Thread starter #14

The MH

Registered
It’s not rude your just not informed on my situation I had a hip replacement ten years ago due to the military and I had another one four months ago with serious complications I haven’t been able to walk for four months due to them having to break my femur in two places since I have been having to lay in bed I didn’t want to gain weight making it even worse on my hip when I do walk again I have been on a diet

It’s not rude your just not informed on my situation I had a hip replacement ten years ago due to the military and I had another one four months ago with serious complications I haven’t been able to walk for four months due to them having to break my femur in two places since I have been having to lay in bed I didn’t want to gain weight making it even worse on my hip when I do walk again I have been on a diet
Should have included that info in the first post for better clarification.

What's your tdee and diet ? Even tho you can't move around much you should at least know where these numbers stand.

Jdave

Registered
My initial post was kind of insensitive as I only read your first post and not the part about being wheel chair prone. I still caution against fat burners or any extra pills.
Stick it out, stay on a conservative TDEE, it’s going to be hard fighting junk food especially if you’re feeling down.

Hope you get better quick, sorry you’re in that situation.

Last edited:
Drink Water, Particularly Before Suppers.

Have Eggs For Breakfast.

Drink Espresso (Ideally Dark)

Drink Green Tea.

Attempt Discontinuous Fasting.

Take a Glucomannan Supplement.

Cut Back on Included Sugar.

Eat Less Refined Carbs.