What's new

Whacked out lipids!

Thread starter #1
Just finished up a 12 week blast of:
300/mg TProp ew
225mg mast prop ew

Ended 3 weeks ago and have been cruising 150mg prop atm.

My labs just came back:
Cholesterol
6.52 (2.00-5.19 mmol/L)
LDL Cholesterol
5.03 (1.50-3.40 mmol/L)
HDL Cholesterol
0.50 (>0.99mmol/L)
Chol/HDL (Risk Ratio)
13.0 (<4.9)
Non HDL Cholesterol
6.02 mmol/L

Have to go to the Dr. on Thursday to discuss. Should I divulge the possible reason? What are your guys' thoughts on statins? Should I just ride it out with high fibre and ff niacin?

Appreciate any assistance!

Yes, just be honest.
When was the blood work taken?
On cycle or while cruising?
What is your age (aprox)?

I didn’t think at such a low dose your lipids would be out of range.

Can anyone explain why at such a low dose his lipids would be out of range?

Yes tell the doctor what you were taking, then he will most likely retest you after 8-12 weeks being off. Then if they are stilll really out of whack look into other possible causes. Do you supplement with fish oil? That really helps keeping my lipids within range, only Thule they venture a little out of normal is when I take orals, otherwise they are great. I take two tablespoons of fish oil a day.

Thread starter #6
Bloodwork was taken last week, so a few weeks into my cruise.

I’m 35.

I have no problem being upfront and honest.

I have not been taking fish oil for the last while but I’ll get on that right away.

JMan

Registered
How’s your diet? If you’re eating garbage on cycle you’re gonna fuck up your lipids.
Also, any family history of cholesterol issues?

Last edited:

Chillin

Registered
Your too young to be on statins, I'm 44 and naturally got my LDL down with diet and high fiber. Also fish oil helped a lot too. Red rice yeast extract may have contributed to lower LDL as well. Definitely try to lower it naturally first then get tested again in 3 months. My Endo said that my HDL being so high 5.96 would cancel out my LDL being elevated as well with in reason of course.

Thread starter #12
Last time I ran orals was 50mg winstrol Ed for 4 weeks back in June, also 12.5 aromasin eod (was blasting 500mg sust)

I eat lchf 100% of the time, 20c-40p-40f macros. I’m an explosive energy athlete not a bb and am also a type 1 diabetic, I have to track everything daily pretty much year round. I rarely eat more than 150g complex carb a day.

I’m def not going to take a statin and will start a regime of the above mentioned.

Thread starter #13
Your too young to be on statins, I'm 44 and naturally got my LDL down with diet and high fiber. Also fish oil helped a lot too. Red rice yeast extract may have contributed to lower LDL as well. Definitely try to lower it naturally first then get tested again in 3 months. My Endo said that my HDL being so high 5.96 would cancel out my LDL being elevated as well with in reason of course.
How much fiber you take?

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Last time I ran orals was 50mg winstrol Ed for 4 weeks back in June, also 12.5 aromasin eod (was blasting 500mg sust)
this, as I suspected, could be a contributing factor as to why your cholesterol is so off....

while I love the effects of winstol I personally won't run it again unless I ever decide to compete.

this, as I suspected, could be a contributing factor as to why your cholesterol is so off....

while I love the effects of winstol I personally won't run it again unless I ever decide to compete.
But that was back in June...so we are talking 3 months.
You would think his lipids would be back to normal after 90 days.
My lipids were out of whack too while taking winstrol, but returned to normal a month later.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
But that was back in June...so we are talking 3 months.
You would think his lipids would be back to normal after 90 days.
No, not necessarily. While it will improve over time, if no corrective action is taken things won't magically snap back to 'normal' in just 3 months if in fact the Winstrol was mostly responsible for the OP's poor cholesterol scores on bloodwork.

check this quote right out of the profile section on Winstrol

"The oral form of stanozolol is a 17-alpha-alkylated substrate and due to this liver toxicity should be a concern to those who take this compound. Elevated liver values will undoubtedly occur while running this drug. Even with the injectable version, liver damage can occur so precautions need to be taken.

Stanozolol is also very harsh on the user’s cholesterol levels often lowering HDL and raising LDL at the same time, even at extremely small doses. Users with histories of health problems related to cholesterol should be wary of using this compound."

Another point worth mentioning is his genetics may be predisposed to have higher cholesterol. So his set point could naturally be higher LDL/lower HDL to start with.

Thread starter #17
No, not necessarily. While it will improve over time, if no corrective action is taken things won't magically snap back to 'normal' in just 3 months if in fact the Winstrol was mostly responsible for the OP's poor cholesterol scores on bloodwork.

check this quote right out of the profile section on Winstrol

"The oral form of stanozolol is a 17-alpha-alkylated substrate and due to this liver toxicity should be a concern to those who take this compound. Elevated liver values will undoubtedly occur while running this drug. Even with the injectable version, liver damage can occur so precautions need to be taken.

Stanozolol is also very harsh on the user’s cholesterol levels often lowering HDL and raising LDL at the same time, even at extremely small doses. Users with histories of health problems related to cholesterol should be wary of using this compound."

Another point worth mentioning is his genetics may be predisposed to have higher cholesterol. So his set point could naturally be higher LDL/lower HDL to start with.
Epic advice, this board is the best. I’ll let you guys know what the dr says tomorrow and I’ll start a corrective protocol.

JMan

Registered

I eat lchf 100% of the time, 20c-40p-40f macros. I’m an explosive energy athlete not a bb and am also a type 1 diabetic, I have to track everything daily pretty much year round. I rarely eat more than 150g complex carb a day.

I’m def not going to take a statin and will start a regime of the above mentioned.
Diabetes is a major contributing factor to high cholesterol. If I was a diabetic, I would never take Winstrol or any other oral for that matter.
Also, a diet consisting of 40% fat could be another major issue for you, depending on what your sources of all that fat are.

Last edited:

bebeav

Registered
Diabetes is a major contributing factor to high cholesterol. If I was a diabetic, I would never take Winstrol or any other oral for that matter.
Also, a diet consisting of 40% fat could be another major issue for you, depending on what your sources of all that fat are.
I think it would apply more to a type 2 diabetic than a type 1.

Patients with type 2 diabetes frequently have dyslipidemia and altered metabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins. In addition, cholesterol metabolism is changed, such that cholesterol absorption efficiency and serum plant sterols, reflecting cholesterol absorption (1), are low (2,3) and serum cholesterol precursor sterols and synthesis of cholesterol and its biliary and fecal elimination are increased (2,4,5). Coronary heart disease occurs frequently, and myocardial infarction is a common cause of death. Type 1 diabetes has less advanced dyslipidemia (6), but obliterating arterial disease often develops, and myocardial infarction is also an important cause of death in these patients (7). The relatively normal lipid pattern might be the reason why the metabolism of cholesterol is less studied in patients with type 1 than type 2 diabetes. For instance, there is very little information on cholesterol absorption or synthesis in patients with type 1 diabetes. There is one study (8) of elevated serum plant sterols in a group of poorly controlled patients with type 1 diabetes, and the levels were reduced during intensified insulin treatment. In streptozotocin-induced diabetes in experimental animals, cholesterol absorption is elevated and synthesis downregulated, but these alterations can result not only from lack of insulin but also from gut hypertrophy that is present in these animals (9). We recently reported (10) that cholesterol absorption is higher in type 1 than in type 2 diabetes. To this end, our intention was to compare cholesterol metabolism in type 1 diabetic subjects with that in control subjects, and we investigated surrogate markers of cholesterol absorption and synthesis by measuring serum noncholesterol sterols (1) in type 1 diabetic and control subjects. In addition to the total serum values of noncholesterol sterols, their free and esterified fractions were also studied in different lipoproteins, i.e., VLDL, intermediate-density lipoprotein (IDL), LDL, and HDL, which were separated by ultracentrifugation.

From http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/53/9/2217

As a Type 1 we still have a little something with hdl/ldl but not really as much as Type 2 and i don't think it would be part of his lipids profil.

The food type intake, the oral and the lack of use of supplement to prevent damage to your lipids panel may be the biggest culprit imo.

Cardio, high fiber intake, fish oil (8-12g), Red yeast rice with Coq10 (RYR deplete Coq10) should help you over the next month to bring things in a better way.

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Crank high doses of fishoil and red rice yeast extract with coq10. Get as much soluable and insoluble fibre into you as you can tolerate. Drink tons of water with the fibre.

This will be about as much you can throw at it yourself. Some advise against the red rice as it behaves similar to a statin. It does work though.

Best is rerun bloods after you trial this for about 3 months and see where you’re at. If meds are necessary then at least you know.