What's new

What Does Everyone Say To the Doc?

Thread starter #1

Grimlid

Registered
So Im heading in to a local walk in clinic in the Coquitlam area outside of Vancouver. My family physician is super square and a real dork. I dont want to use my GP because he will shit when he gets the results with high test.

What is a good tactic to use when requesting blood work? I have a prior history of anemia so I regularly (2-3 times/year) get my blood work done for iron and hemoglobin and usually lipids and test.

I was thinking I would walk in and request Lipids, Test, Estrogen, Hemoglobin and Iron..... If he asks why I will just say I get it done all the time from my anemia but my GP is too busy as he is anywyas its 10 days for an appointment.

Im on week 9 and I know Im late but Ive been stuck in Mcmurray working night shifts 12 and 14 hours a day for weeks. I really want to see where my levels are at.

If anyone has any suggestions on tactics as well as any other bloodwork I should be getting I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks as always,
Grimlid

Thread starter #3

Grimlid

Registered
right..... Forgot that. Oh well he is also fairly complacent so maybe he wont look too close.

Thread starter #5
The local walkin clinic basically refused and told me to see my family dr.
The Naturopath that was suggested to me cant see me for a couple weeks and thats gonna run me around 300$.
Hoping someone has a suggestion in the Vancouver area on how to proceed.

Thread starter #6
All bloodwork will go in the system and your doctor will have access to it whether you go to him or not
According to the walkin clinic Dr. that I saw test results arent shared in BC. This was why he wouldnt help me. He has no access to my records from the past only the Dr. who ordered them has access....
Guy was a prick about it about too.

I dont know what it is with docs anymore?? They seem really ignorant n disrespectful uncaring!! My last doc didnt want me taking no test n not to workout!! I remember docs use to come in the room sit in front of you n be really caring! Now they come in sit in front of a screen ask you questions n dont even look at you!! Times have changed!!