What's new

What is everyone’s occupation?

SoCo

Rookie
UA pipe welder working at a Shipyard. 8hr shift 7am to 3:30pm. Pretty easy work until the summer cook. But the sweat does work in my favour.
Yes brother. You guys need to try to get on four 9's. Every weekend being a long weekend is a game changer. How did you fare in the latest round of voting?

canadianpride73

Super Heavyweight
Main gig is Apprentice Sprinklerfitter 427A for Local 853. I've got about 18 months before I write my Red Seal.Are you guys up for a new contract now too?

Yes brother. You guys need to try to get on four 9's. Every weekend being a long weekend is a game changer. How did you fare in the latest round of voting?
I'm a UA contractor. I like to come and go when I want. The yard is Local 1. They said no to the 6% offer for 1 year. Local 1 wants a full contract. As far a us UA guys the sprinkler fitters also said no and will be going on strike soon.

SoCo

Rookie
I'm a UA contractor. I like to come and go when I want. The yard is Local 1. They said no to the 6% offer for 1 year. Local 1 wants a full contract. As far a us UA guys the sprinkler fitters also said no and will be going on strike soon.
Ah very cool. The work life balance is something that I'm striving for, so it's nice to hear that you can come and go.
How long is a full contract? 3 years?
Crazy that you're going to strike. I honestly wish you the best.
It's Local 71 and 853 in my area and 71 kinda got screwed from what I recall.
Our local went in looking for $5/$5/$5 over the next three years. It looks like we have settled on (no official vote announcement) $3.50/$2.75/$2.75, with a 2% bump to 12% vacation.

canadianpride73

Super Heavyweight
Ah very cool. The work life balance is something that I'm striving for, so it's nice to hear that you can come and go.
Our local went in looking for $5/$5/$5 over the next three years. It looks like we have settled on (no official vote announcement) $3.50/$2.75/$2.75, with a 2% bump to 12% vacation.
I'm UA Local 56 Halifax. We have no contract at Irving Shipyard. I'm on the list for Kitimat LNG as a welder. Just waiting for the call. My bro leaves July 27 for Kitimat and I should be following him soon.

CurtisP

VET
Any truck drivers here? How hard is it on your lower back? I do excavation work for my cousin construction company . And rideshare in the weekends to pay for my motorcycle and some beef jerky. Beef jerky is fucking expensive.
We had one but he was also the resident doctor and dumbass

CandianBacon

Rookie
Our contract is up in 6 months . Local 870 operating engineers Saskatoon. The 3.5, 2.75, 2.75 represents what % increase per year ?

verb

Lightweight
Criminal Defence law, since 1997.
Before that I was mostly making a living as an artist. Paintings, sculpting, etc. Then I was doing custom paint jobs in a motorcycle shop specializing in vintage bikes, ended up welding, parts fabrications and apprenticing as a mechanic. Built a lot of really wild motorcycles and got to ride just about everything exotic and old that you can imagine. How I ended up in law is a convoluted story, but it's a good gig. Every day is another problem to solve.
Never had the stomach for crim to be honest. Marie Henein is my role model though

Top Bottom