What's new

when to do cardio

Manovsteel

Rookie
So I finished my pct about a week and half ago. I started Taking creatine during pct, to help keep strength up. I've been gaining a little weight off cycle and at the moment I'm training 4 days a week. I'd like to add a little cardio to help with some unwanted belly fat but not sure if I should do it before or after my weight training. I dont have enough time in my schedule to add more days in the gym.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance.

Big_Papa_B

Rookie
best time to do cardio is as soon as you wake when you body is in a fasted state...if that is not possible the next best time to do it is after you workout as the muscle will be depleted of glycogen so the body will go into its fat stores for energy. You should never do cardio before you workout....

Sabre Star

Administrator
Yes, fasted morning cardio and/or post workout.

livin

i think the people above have said exactly what i will repeat. but 1 more step.

i do fasted, as soon as i wake up. empty stomach.

BUT. I take ECA 30mins before workout as well.

i used to do the whole black coffe thing... didn't do a single thing for me...
i also tried them preworkouts - would just make me run to the washroom with all dem stimulants.

jmarino

Vet
If it's a choice between doing it at a "non-optimal" time vs. not doing it all, then don't sweat it too much and just do it whenever is convenient for you. If you're not stepping on stage and squeezing out that last bit of fat (which from your description is not the case), then it's going to make little difference when you do it. Just do it.

Too many people get caught up in the science of everything - when to do cardio, when to eat, what exact macros, how long rest between sets, etc. to the point that they end up doing nothing because the science overwhelms them.

This game is more art than science...and guess what? You're the artist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3ml
I'd say morning fasted is ideal. The rule of thumb for doing cardio with your weights is do first whatever is most important to you. And if cardio is more important to you, go join a Crossfit board.

somebody

Rookie
Stairmaster of death fasted.

I feel like I'm shredding away gains whenever I do that though.