What's new

WoD’s CBBF National Pics

Thread starter #1
So I ended up competing at CBBF Nationals this past weekend. Made weight at 205lbs, with my cut off being 207lbs. These pics are about 4-5 hours before going on stage. I did my entire prep myself this time and was honestly very happy with how I looked. I personally thought I had a very good combination of dryness/fullness. Last year at the Toronto Provincials the judges told me that my upperbody was great and that they just wanted to see bigger/more separated quads...which I think I brought this show.

We had 18 competitors in my class and I was in the 3rd class out. I was honestly shocked. Not sure if I was overlooked because of the fact that I was all the way in the corner in my comparison or what...I really have no clue. I do have two pictures from comparisons. I am all the way in the right corner...and the entertaining part is that the guy beside me placed 2nd at the show. Am I owning him in anyway? No, but I think I easily have him and basically everyone else
beat from the back and in the lower body department from the side. Is his upper body a little bit rounder/fuller? yes, but how that physique ends up in second and I end up in the 3rd call out is beyond me.

The dude in the middle from the left (3rd person from left) looked very very good as well. Especially from the front and side. Oddly enough he wasn’t in the top 5 either.

Last edited:

biguglynewf

Super Moderator
Wow!

nice work sir! Came a long long way from the beginning!!!

judged sports.....meh. Always some amount of fuckery and favoriting. Maybe you just need to do more schmoozing?

i don't have a great eye, but if anything your lanky-ness (if that's even a word) causes you the most amount of disservice physique wise. If you look at the guy beside you he is as you say a little rounder and more compact. You're tall bro....or you look tall and I think that's what's causing it.

Perhaps someone who knows a lot more than I do though can provide better feedback. This noob is only offering what his crooked Newfie eyes can fathom from those pics.

Regardless. Wow. You look awesome!!!

snowpatrol

Super Moderator
Look great WOD, sorry about the placing...I have similar questions about mine but being that it's my first foray at nationals I'm just taking it in stride and planning to come back bigger and better next year

Speaking of...shoot me a message/text so we can meet up next time, eh?

Last edited:
Thread starter #4
Look great WOD, sorry about the placing...I have similar questions about mine but being that it's my first foray at nationals I'm just taking it in stride and planning to come back bigger and better next year

Speaking of...shoot me a message/text so we can meet up next time, eh?
Appreciate it bro. I didn’t even know you were competing or I would of reached out!

Wow!

nice work sir! Came a long long way from the beginning!!!

judged sports.....meh. Always some amount of fuckery and favoriting. Maybe you just need to do more schmoozing?

i don't have a great eye, but if anything your lanky-ness (if that's even a word) causes you the most amount of disservice physique wise. If you look at the guy beside you he is as you say a little rounder and more compact. You're tall bro....or you look tall and I think that's what's causing it.

Perhaps someone who knows a lot more than I do though can provide better feedback. This noob is only offering what his crooked Newfie eyes can fathom from those pics.

Regardless. Wow. You look awesome!!!
Thank you bro. He’s a kicker. Last year I competed twice, and they measured me at 5’11 and 3/4 and said I am capped at 207lbs. At nationals, they measured me at 6’0...which increases my cap to 215. The nice thing is that they give you a passport at Nationals with your official info, including height which ends up being your “official height” from there on. So I guess I have about 10lbs of lean mass to add :).

brut

Registered
Very Impressive back man. I was sitting to the front left at the show. Put the 10 lbs. on and get back up there. I'll probably see you there next year as I will be competing.