What's new

Women with capped delts - what do you do?

Thread starter #1

HypeBeast

Registered
I have the body for figure - everyone says so. I'm going to do my first show this year, but my shoulders won't pop or grow, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Are there any girls here (or bfs/husband's of girls) who have capped delts? What do you do for them? Post pics of your shoulders too if you want to!

Jdave

Registered
They do
*drum roll*
..... anavar

Honestly male or female there aren’t a whole lot of secrets. Do side delt raises twice a week and rear delts twice a week. Prioritize those two as the main shoulder movement. Not ideal for strength obviously but that’s how I brought up my delts to get them to pop. Gotta do the rear delts- honestly it does more to bring up the over all shoulder shape than you’d think. I did 20 total sets of shoulders and rear delts each week alone to bring them up. And side delts were half those shoulder sets AT LEAST. With both you should not skimp on time under tension and work the right portion of the range of motion so you keep the tension firing AMAP

Last edited:
They do
*drum roll*
..... anavar
...primo
Winstrol
EQ
Deca
...even Tbol

The women I know in figure have done a ton of stuff.

Honestly male or female there aren’t a whole lot of secrets. Do side delt raises twice a week and rear delts twice a week. Prioritize those two as the main shoulder movement. Not ideal for strength obviously but that’s how I brought up my delts to get them to pop. Gotta do the rear delts- honestly it does more to bring up the over all shoulder shape than you’d think. I did 20 total sets of shoulders and rear delts alone to bring them up. And side delts were half those shoulder sets AT LEAST. With both you should not skimp on time under tension and work the right portion of the range of motion so you keep the tension firing AMAP
Great advice. Best shoulder progress I've ever made was training twice a week with similar protocols. Lighter weight with a 2 second concentric, 1 second pause at the top, and a 4 second eccentric.

Sorbate

Registered
My shoulders used to suck ass, ached all the time so I avoided training them. Then one day I figured I’d drop the weight down and do reps of 20, as soon as I can do 22 I increase my weights.

I also started to train them after chest, then on their own day. After chest I only do 4 sets of side raises, then 4 sets of rear delt raises, sometimes neck pulls.

On their own day they get the full treatment.
Front shoulder presses, lateral raises, front raises, rear delt raises, rear delt cables.

Rear delts suck, I’m startong to think all the people that have well developed rear delts inject seo into them.

My avatar is before I changed my shoulder training a couple of years ago,

If you can avoid the drugs, don’t take them. If you live close to the US border or know someone in the US get them to send you dhea. Take 50 mg a day. It won’t fuck you up, it’s like a vitamin. Used to be able to buy it over the shelf in Canada, but unfortunately it works so it was banned. You can also ask your doc to script it for you,

Jdave

Registered
My shoulders used to suck ass, ached all the time so I avoided training them. Then one day I figured I’d drop the weight down and do reps of 20, as soon as I can do 22 I increase my weights.

I also started to train them after chest, then on their own day. After chest I only do 4 sets of side raises, then 4 sets of rear delt raises, sometimes neck pulls.

On their own day they get the full treatment.
Front shoulder presses, lateral raises, front raises, rear delt raises, rear delt cables.

Rear delts suck, I’m startong to think all the people that have well developed rear delts inject seo into them.

My avatar is before I changed my shoulder training a couple of years ago,

If you can avoid the drugs, don’t take them. If you live close to the US border or know someone in the US get them to send you dhea. Take 50 mg a day. It won’t fuck you up, it’s like a vitamin. Used to be able to buy it over the shelf in Canada, but unfortunately it works so it was banned. You can also ask your doc to script it for you,
Rear delts have always been a bitch for me- until this past summer. I JUST learned to feel them in a mind muscle connection... face pulls, reverse peck deck, rear delt rows- nothing worked for years.
started with going back to rear delt fly’s with stupid light weight and trying to pull/fly in a direction that negated my middle back coming into play. Light light light weights; then started to fight the negative with that light weight. Soon that weight wasn’t sufficient enough for me to “feel” it and I was able to move up. After that rear delt dumbell rows and the meadows hang/swing... after all that I was able to correctly feel them on reverse fly machines and face pulls. I say “after all that” but it really wasn't that long - just having to ditch the ego and pick up 15-20lb for a couple weeks was the hard part haha.
Unfortunately lately I’ve had to go back to them after my tennis elbow forced me to back off and I’m having problems “feeling” them again. Gotta go back down and see if it’s a problem with my execution.

As far as front delt raises its interesting that you do them in compound (pressing) and isolation (front raises). I’ve always had enough growth with compound movements like ohp, db presses, chest work that I rarely need to do front raises.

Sorbate

Registered
Rear delts have always been a bitch for me- until this past summer. I JUST learned to feel them in a mind muscle connection... face pulls, reverse peck deck, rear delt rows- nothing worked for years.
started with going back to rear delt fly’s with stupid light weight and trying to pull/fly in a direction that negated my middle back coming into play. Light light light weights; then started to fight the negative with that light weight. Soon that weight wasn’t sufficient enough for me to “feel” it and I was able to move up. After that rear delt dumbell rows and the meadows hang/swing... after all that I was able to correctly feel them on reverse fly machines and face pulls. I say “after all that” but it really wasn't that long - just having to ditch the ego and pick up 15-20lb for a couple weeks was the hard part haha.
Unfortunately lately I’ve had to go back to them after my tennis elbow forced me to back off and I’m having problems “feeling” them again. Gotta go back down and see if it’s a problem with my execution.

As far as front delt raises its interesting that you do them in compound (pressing) and isolation (front raises). I’ve always had enough growth with compound movements like ohp, db presses, chest work that I rarely need to do front raises.
My body just doesn’t like presses. Especially with a barbel, nothing but pain, doesn’t matter how I perform them, I stick to dumbells presses on a mat on the floor so I don’t overextend my shoulders and lots of flies. Fuck I can fly 80 lb dumbells but it would be painful to press them

Rear delts are growing but so slowly, lol. I give your advice a try