What's new

Workout logging apps

Norman

Registered
Would anyone have a recommendation for their favorite way to log workouts? Phone app, if so which one? Pen and paper? Ongoing leg tattoo?

I was using Jefit but the new versions seem to be adding extra bulk that I'm not using. Just looking for an intuitive way to log work on the go with some activity reports

Testbear

Registered
I just started a new log. I got a big clear paged book at the dollar store for $2 or something.

I used to buy dinky little books and cramp my writing in there.

This is my favorite way so far. Lots of room to write and easy to read. One page per day

Books about 10"x12"

Bigtuna84

Registered
Pen and paper is the best way to record things I’ve been doing it for years. Having log books to record workouts, nutrition, PED protocols, even general thoughts is a fantastic way to monitor your progress and you can always look back to see how far you have come. Dante Trudel is a big advocate of log books. Dorian Yates was also a perfect example.

Deetermined

Registered
In regards to an app I have tried quite a few and ended up using Strong. It is fairly simple to use and has all the necessary features to track your workouts, allowing for supersets etc, as well as allowing you to track 1RM's and body fat percentages etc.
I used to do pen an paper but by going digital I have all my records with me at any one time and logging weights, sets and reps is pretty fast and I have my phone with me anyways for music.

CurtisP

Registered
After my two back surgeries I battled depression, addiction to Dilaudid and an overall shitty life. I was informed to journal my thoughts and my daily “goals” in a notebook. So I did, and I still do now, I track my workouts in a book, as well as general mood throughout the day, if one of my employees was being an arse muncher or fucked up, I write it down, if I contribute my mood to my workout. So on and so forth.

Reactions: St

winger

Registered
I use one called rep count. Its worth the 10 bucks. Easy to use, to modify, track progress, PB's, graphs, etc. Easy to preset you workouts, and change exercises on the fly, or change order if needed. Overall its been simple and effective.
I find I get motivated by monitoring my own progress.
https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/repcount-gym-workout-tracker/id594982044?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4
edit -I put the phone in airplane mode and use a playlist to drown out the gym talk/noise/grunts/jackasses etc. etc.

Last edited:

LesPaul

Registered
Pen & Paper now. Not everyday. Only when I need to adjust ,change or update. I did use strong for a year. Good app for seeing progress graphs and the like. I personally don't like fucking around with my phone when lifting so I stopped using it. I think they made it more pay to play now too?

Daway

Registered
I like FitNotes. Easy to set up, has various calculator and analysis tools, but most of all lets you back your data files up in the event you change phones or want to use a computer