What's new

WWE Stars Looking Terrible and Crap Product

Thread starter Admin #1

~Dr Juice~

Administrator

-- I have to admit I was more than a little shocked when I saw this clip of DX taking on Kane and the Undertaker in Saudi Arabia at the 'Crown Jewel' event. In my opinion the all four of them looked terrible. Okay, I know they're as old as the hills and everyone loves nostalgia but seeing these legendary stars in such a terrible state, huffing and puffing, was kinda sad. Undertaker suffered a pec tear and even Kane's mask and wig fell off at one point, LOL -- YES . . . fell off! I'm not a huge fan of wrestling anymore (haven't been since probably the WWE vs WCW days) but bringing out these old stars, including Hogan, is literally milking the WWE Universe for everything it's worth. The whole segment is literally for cheap pops. It was pretty sad to see.

The WWE brand is making boatloads of money these with expansion into virtually every corner of the globe so why is it the crappiest of times when it comes to wrestling Storylines?!? Braun Strowman a monster who kicks out of five of Lesnar's F5's?!?!?! Like WTF? That guy is nowhere near the status of a Hogan, Ultimate, Macho, Rock, Cena, Goldberg, Austin, etc. Shane McMahon winning the WWE World Cup?!?! I could go on . . . but what the hell is going on?

Last edited:

66Chevy

Super Moderator
ok, I will admit I am still a casual fan lol.....I agree with you on many points here. They did all look like crap and I don't know why they keep bringing these guys back...they are all way over the hill. Have to correct you on one point though, it was Triple H that suffered the pec tear as the Undertaker never had much in the way of pecs to tear lol. The main reason these guys get hurt is that they are not in the regular rotation anymore and they are not "in-ring shape". I also agree the writing really sucks, Shano Mac shouldn't be winning any titles..that is for sure. And don't get me started on Brock Lesnar. I hate how they put the title back on him, he is a part time guy who doesn't wrestle regularly and just flys in once or twice a month to make an appearance ( rumored to be 500K/appearance!). His actual wrestling skills are lacking, he basically has 2 moves that he hits over and over and over again to nausea and he doesn't cut a good promo so they let Paul Heyman do all the talking for him. I think he should fuck off back to UFC to get his ass kicked for real.

With Roman Reigns out for a year or 2 battling cancer they should have put the title on the big man Brawn. He has been improving steadily and would be a good choice, although I think the best guy in the business is now Seth Rollins. too bad he's not a true heavyweight, that is the only reason he is not the Universal champ. My all time favourite is Chris Jericho, who also comes and goes wrestling in other company's and taking time off to tour with his rock band Fozzy. He is super funny, if you ever want a good read get one of his auto-biographies.

Last edited:

Jdave

Registered
Yikes.

It’s sad when you see your childhood hero’s past their prime unable to come to terms with the fact that their better days (with respect to performing) are behind them

I see this with MMA fighters and punk and hardcore bands reuniting from the 80s and 90s.
It’s great to give your life to something you love but sometimes it’s also sad when you’ve got nothing else to show for it and can’t move on

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Huge wrestling fan so Im gonna need some training stories with him because thats awesome!
Not a lot to tell. He trained with what I consider to be moderately heavy weight for an elite athlete. His reps were in the 15-20 range and his form was impeccable. He loved to train back. He did a good bit of machine work. Wrestling takes a toll on the body , so he had to train carefully to maintain his size and the ability to fling his opponents around. Very quiet guy. Come in, get it done, out. I offered to take him to my favorite Chinese buffet after training one day. He said, "Thanks, but I don't need to eat that much right now".

Thread starter Admin #12

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
Have to correct you on one point though, it was Triple H that suffered the pec tear as the Undertaker never had much in the way of pecs to tear lol.

My all time favourite is Chris Jericho, who also comes and goes wrestling in other company's and taking time off to tour with his rock band Fozzy. He is super funny, if you ever want a good read get one of his auto-biographies.
-- You're correct Chev it was indeed Triple H with the pec tear. And a nasty one at that. Not sure how I got that wrong.

It's funny you mention Chris Jericho because he was basically the sole reason I was even watching anything to do with WWE over the past decade. I remember the guy's debut way back in probably 1998 or 1999? Even though he was a product of Winnipeg, and Canada itself, I couldn't help but dislike the guy. With the knotted long blonde hair, smug face, and annoying mic work he grated my nerves. But what more could you ask of a heel character? He was doing the job superbly! Eventually the 'Ayatollah Of Rock 'n' Rolla's' personality and ring work grew on me and the more he developed the more I admired him. Just a class guy all around. And the fact he IS from little ol' Winnipeg, and Canada as a whole, makes it just that much sweeter.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
-- You're correct Chev it was indeed Triple H with the pec tear. And a nasty one at that. Not sure how I got that wrong.

It's funny you mention Chris Jericho because he was basically the sole reason I was even watching anything to do with WWE over the past decade. I remember the guy's debut way back in probably 1998 or 1999? Even though he was a product of Winnipeg, and Canada itself, I couldn't help but dislike the guy. With the knotted long blonde hair, smug face, and annoying mic work he grated my nerves. But what more could you ask of a heel character? He was doing the job superbly! Eventually the 'Ayatollah Of Rock 'n' Rolla's' personality and ring work grew on me and the more he developed the more I admired him. Just a class guy all around. And the fact he IS from little ol' Winnipeg, and Canada as a whole, makes it just that much sweeter.
I actually really disliked him also in '99 when he came over to WWE....but you are right, its because he was so damn good at being a heel! The bit he did with Kevin Owens a couple of years ago with "the List" of Jericho was the funniest stuff I've seen from the company since the "Attitude" era. He is a master in the ring, and they often pair him up with young up and comers to help them get better, pretty much guaranteed to have a good match.

I haven't watched it since the "Attitude" era. I just don't find these new guys have the charisma of Stone Cold, or the Rock. The old guys could ad lib an interview and it was amazing and funny. Jake the snake Piper, Ric Flair, we could go on for days with names of awesome performers.

It seems like the writers now have even less talent than some of the guys in front of the camera. Maybe that's why they keep bringing back the old guys?

zenmonky

Registered
i remember when jericho started. couldnt understand why they picked him up. no muscles, didnt think he could wrestle and his yap just annoyed me. grew on me over time and he became one of my favs.

Mnemonic

Registered
Some still got it haha.

Here's a clip of Goldberg tossing a member of Hoonigan into a trailer.
Oh and fast forward to 14:09 if you wanna see Goldberg do donuts & drifts in a 1200hp Challenger. :D

Wrestling it so terrible now. I just gave up after the Stone Cold era. It's embarrassing to watch. The kayfabe era and NWA stuff w Flair was great; I even like the fact that it tried so hard to be cool but just wasn't. See vid below.

Edit: Larry Zbyszko spits hot fire on the mic.