What's new

Wwe

JameoN

Registered
WTF.... This wrestling shit is still on TV? It's more fake then Survivor....
Depends what you mean by "fake". They're bodies are still flying through the air, the blood is real, the injuries are real, the training is real. Is it choreographed ? Yes. Is the drama fake? Yes. I would rather my kids watch that then the actual bs in entertainment these day..hell I find myself watching YouTube vids of wrastling and still being entertained

Testbear

Registered
Depends what you mean by "fake". They're bodies are still flying through the air, the blood is real, the injuries are real, the training is real. Is it choreographed ? Yes. Is the drama fake? Yes. I would rather my kids watch that then the actual bs in entertainment these day..hell I find myself watching YouTube vids of wrastling and still being entertained
Everything on tv is bullshit. Doesn't matter what the fuck you watch. If I decided to have kids (not that i would ever consider the possibly) it would be restricted to very few things

JameoN

Registered
Everything on tv is bullshit. Doesn't matter what the fuck you watch. If I decided to have kids (not that i would ever consider the possibly) it would be restricted to very few things
If that's how you feel why even have cable/satellite? Vikings is pretty good lol

Testbear

Registered
If that's how you feel why even have cable/satellite? Vikings is pretty good lol
I don't have cable or satellite lol..I have no tolerance for any of the shit I've seen on tv..since the 90s (fight club, reservoir dogs, matrix..etc) I got no time for any of this cookie cutter bullshit

I'm not really in to it but full respect to the athletes in the ring.. anyone saying it's fake, I'd like to see them step into the ring with these boys and experience just how "fake" it is.

Only having CBC and ATV growing up limited my Wrestling viewing to Grand Prix Wrestling.. it was great entertainment with the likes of Leo Burke, Big Stephen Petitpas and the crazy shenanigans of Bull Dog Bob Brown and Killer Karl Krupp. Use to love that shit.

S2KG

Registered
I never said I didn't respect the individuals in wrestling. If I'm going to be cheering for someone and they win, I want to know it's because they are the best! Or they truly had there A game with them that day and deserved a victory. Not because some guy in corporate said he was going to win the match and staged the outcome. Thats the only reason I even commented like I did.

Love WWE and Entertainment style wrestling in general. Used to attend couple of times a month when I lived in Japan.
I was in Osaka and nearby in Kobe is "Dragon Gate" wrestling - which is probably the #2 promotion over there (run by yakuza of course) but they had a handful of shows every month in Osaka/Kobe/Kyoto. It was a TON of fun. the Japanese style is VERY talk heavy but they do a lot of high-flying and they work snug and the hits are all real. It was cool to see it that up close and personal as well.
I've been to WWE events in Tokyo, Osaka, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
I'm a big fan. I haven't been into it as much in the past few years so I don't know any of the new talent. Save Neville (but I think he's been released from his contract now) I met him when he was wrestling for Dragon Gate he was much smaller then. Funnily enough I don't have a pic of me and him.
Neville.jpg
I also did the entrance music for Petey Williams (for a time...I'm not sure what he's using now) He was on the TNA roster for a while and now I think he is with an independent promotion out of Detroit or Chicago.
Here he is using it with "Prime Wrestling" (maybe that's who he's still with??
I've been sending demos to WWE for YEARS...sadly they've never used any of my stuff, or contacted me for any custom work. lol. ah well...keep dreaming. (I've had many other high profile placements and contracts so I'm not too broken up about it)

My fave wrestler has to be H3, Triple H or whatever he's going by now.
He was just so big, and pumped and worked so hard (obviously since he now runs WWE)
But yeah - SUPER inspirational in all aspects to be sure.
With a close second being Sean Micheals. Sweet Chin Music was where it was at! Plus DX was obviously awesome!

I'm also a big fan of John Cena, Ultimate Warrior was my fave as a kid for sure!