What's new

Your First Cycle to Becoming a Monster

Britz

Super Heavyweight
Thanks for this. What is you suggesting for dosing nolva and Clomid ? What weeks for a 12 week cycle do I take them?

Let’s start a new thread for your first cycle. Put it in the anabolic thread so we don’t clutter up this one. Then you can have some of the other guys chime in on it as well. Just start a “my first cycle” or something like that. We will all be more than willing to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigCountry69

Rookie
Hey ! First time posting . Never grew up with internet in the country . I just found this site and would like to thank everyone who posts valid information.. a lot of good stuff I’ve read and never heard or thought of trying / doing . The gains I’m missing out on ... unreal.. why does hgh and juice give chest pimples? Anyway around was that ?? Anyone from Ottawa Canada ���� here?!?

SimcoeDog

Banned
Dam i been bleeding like a stuck pig sometime forget to use 2 hands & do the Z. Hell I just jam and plunge all in one. Kinda do the Kramer trademark from Seinfeld lol. The move he pulls when he enters a room. After a while the nerves are so raw at 3000 mg of test a week. That I litterally twitch or jump a little lol

Hvachack

Rookie
Welcome New Monster . . .

-- Each and every one of us here at CJM had to start somewhere and for the vast majority of us that meant the basement, literally. Before you can run you need to learn how to walk. Steroids or PED's (Performance Enhancing Drugs) are not the be-all-end-all when it comes to this thing we call bodybuilding BUT, but they can be a very valuable asset in your toolbox if utilized sensibly.

New members ('Monsters') are regularly pouring into CJM on a daily basis and need to have a focal point as to where to begin when tossing around the idea of starting a steroid cycle. I've decided to implement a 'starting point' for these new Monsters to research in the form of a thread; this very thread! New Monsters are encouraged to thoroughly read through its entirety in order to comprehend what a beginner cycle entails.

Read through the following information and if there's still anything that confuses you, or you simply don't understand, feel free to ask specific questions in the main forum. Plenty of good people are here to assist you along your way and to make your experience with steroids as pain free, lucrative, and enjoyable as possible.

Steroids are not miracle drugs:

Steroids have the ability to speed up protein synthesis, and allow you to get great muscle gains, however they are not, by any stretch of the imagination, miracle drugs. You still have to have a very good diet and training program to see results, as well as have a very good, well-planned cycle.

It's very important that you have a good grasp of proper diet, proper training, and have been training without steroids for at least a year. You shouldn't ever think of steroids as a quick way to get into shape, but more as a tool among many that you can use to help you achieve your physique goals.

Steroids are not for children or teenagers:

Steroids have very peculiar and most of the time dangerous effects on adolescents. Through aromatizing into estrogen, they cause the epiphysis (growth plates) to calcify (close) which will leave a person unable to grow any taller.

They also interrupt the hormonal balance of the body, and during puberty these hormones are very critical to proper body development, so please, if you are a teenager, especially one who is not yet done growing, please don't use steroids. Your natural testosterone production should be enough as to where you don't need it anyways to make good gains. Nobody under 21 or so should be using steroids.

You have to inject:

Though not all steroids are injectable, in order to run a proper steroid cycle you need to prepare to inject. There are multiple reasons for this.

The number one reason is that oral steroids are hepatoxic, they are not kind at all to the liver, since they have to be alkylated in order to avoid the first pass through the liver so that they are effective. Using only orals is a great way to destroy your liver for not very much gains. You can't use an oral for long unless you want health problems down the road. Some orals can actually cause health problems immediately.

Another reason is that you must include injectable testosterone as the base of your cycle. If you were to use only dht derivative or progestin steroids they would shut down your HPTA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Testes Axis) extremely hard, and you would not produce any natural test so you would need to use synthetic injectable test either in the form of propionate, cypionate, enanthate, or suspension in order to have testosterone in your system.

IM injection for steroids should be done with the Z-Tracking technique to prevent bleeding and the oil from leaking out.

98D3j2D.jpg

Oral-only cycles are just too dangerous in comparison to the gains that they elicit, not to mention the gains are hard to maintain in some cases or happen to be water. That is why oral-only cycles are discouraged.

** Proper Injection Protocol can also be researched here >>> Steroid Injection Guide: The most up-to-date Info

You need to have a good diet:

Yes, food should be your main anabolic; not steroids, not supplements, just food. You need a great deal of calories from carbohydrates, fats, and protein. Diet can be adjusted based on you goals; Be it bulking, cutting or a recomposition.

You need to have a good training program:

It's probably obvious that you need to train in order for your muscles to grow, but you never know, it's always good to reiterate it. Remember that a training program that works for someone else might not work for you. Find or create a program that will help you reach your goal and that is suited specifically for you.

Beginners should not use machines they should use light free weights to develop proper form and motor skills, machines will only slow progress. They should focus mostly on the bigger lifts such as flat bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press, and rows. Olympic lifts are not beginner moves and really are not necessary. Typically a true beginner a good plan is 3x a week do exactly the moves I said above but with slightly varying rep ranges so weight used be changed, slightly, they should not lift near failure especially if under 5 reps, and gradually increase volume and intensity. After a few go throughs add in some slight accessory work and results will come fast.

You must be as lean as possible:

Being at 10% body fat or less is ideal for running a cycle. Not only does it prevent blood pressure but it ensures you body will respond better to steroids and side effects will be less pronounced. You will see greater definition, greater mass gain, and overall greater changes to the physique at a low body fat including further reduction of body fat.

You need to have ancillaries and PCT compounds on hand pre-cycle:

Ancillaries are compounds that are used to prevent the side effects of steroid use mainly by preventing aromatase or preventing estrogen from binding to it's receptors.

You should always have an anti-aromatase (or AI for short) such as Letrazole (Femara), or Anastrazole (Arimidex), or Exemestane (Aromasin) to prevent test from aromatizing into estrogen, even when using a SERM because estrogen has non-receptor mediated effects that can be undesirable.

You should not use these compounds unless it is necessary, as lowering estrogen levels too much can also have a negative outcome. Use an AI only when needed.

You should always have Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) on hand in case you start to encounter itchy nipples which is a sign of the early stages of gynecomastia ("bitch tits").

PCT is the abbreviation for "Post Cycle Therapy", which must be done in order to properly recover and keep the gains that you made while on cycle. Usually Clomiphene (Clomid) is used as the staple of PCT. It's important to always use clomiphene or tamoxifen also though because HCG can be somewhat suppressive of natural testosterone itself.

Other ancillaries may be needed to control prolactin, blood pressure, acne, water retention, sweating, blood pressure, cholesterol, and liver inflammation.

As you approach the start of PCT: As your steroids dissipate you introduce an Aromatase Inhibitor. You do this to reduce the amount of estrogen conversion that takes place.

Your externally administered testosterone will drop to nothing and you will not be producing testosterone as you start PCT. So you want to make sure that you have reduced estrogen as well.

This is just going into PCT. You want to create a situation where both estrogen and testosterone will rise together. So the AI of your choice should be used in the last 2 weeks of the cycle and immediately discontinued at the start of PCT.

The choice of SERM and duration may vary but PCT should always start with Clomid. You do not need a huge dose in the first few days.

Here is what to do:
Start with Clomid for three weeks and reduce the dosage and overlap it with Nolva in week four. Dose Nolva for 3 weeks thereafter.

After 7 weeks in the last day of Nolvadex introduce an AI and run that by itself for three or four days.

Then introduce some lower/moderate Nettle Root extract. What you want to do is slightly increase the free test by occupying just a little SHBG. You don't want to do anything but make a very slight impact. You want to be able to use the Nettle Root for 3 months and have it be effective this entire time AND do not want it to cause shedding! A prostate pinch is not a good sign either.

If your hair starts to shed you either messed up or it is time to stop. See when you increase free test more test will be converted to DHT.

After 3 months drop the nettle root extract. The slight increase in free test helps support strength ever so slightly.

That's about it. PCTs as you can see are very long. But they are designed to recover from 6 month cycles. PCT is about as long as the cycle.

Then stay off and learn to be natural again for another 6 months or more.

Steroids will not work if you are abusing drugs.

Being addicted to opiates or other drugs and trying to run a cycle will result in miniscule gains. It's a waste of time and money. You will spend more time being high than lifting, and you will either end up not eating enough or eating to much junk food. If you are taking pain meds or anxiety meds as directed you are able to run a cycle and if you are taking methadone or suboxone for maintenance you are able to run a cycle. it's only when you abuse drugs does it become an issue and a problem.

You need to choose recreational drugs or steroids. Prescription drugs that you need are fine to use with steroids in most cases but you should research any possible interaction or health issues that could come up.

You need to have a well planned cycle:

12 week starter cycle

Weeks 1-12: 500mg Testosterone Enanthate or Cypionate per week

Weeks 1-12: 0.25mg - 0.50mg of Arimidex a day or every other day (This is dependent on Testosterone dosage and how prone you are to estrogen sides, do not use unless you need to)

Week 12 Arimidex 0.5mg X3/week

Weeks 13-15: 50mg of Clomid every day

Weeks 15-18: 20mg of Nolvadex every day

Week 18 Arimidex 0.5mg X3/week

A SIMPLE TAPER-OFF ......................... NO NEED FOR PCT ON LOW DOSE TESTOSTERONE ONLY CYCLE PROTOCOL:

Some people can recover perfectly fine without the need for PCT if on a low enough cycle (generally testosterone only), this is person specific and might not work for some sensitive individuals...

If you are on a relatively low dose cycle 250-500mg/week you might be better off allowing your HPTA to return to normal without excessive use of SERM's and/or AI's . . .

This can work by reducing the weekly dose in the last few weeks to: 100mg/week then 50mg/week then OFF . . .

Week 1-10 500mg Testosterone Enanthate or Cypionate per week

Week 11 100mg/week + Arimidex EOD

Week 12 50mg/week + Arimidex EOD . . .

OFF ........

It might be prudent to use an AI such as Arimidex at 0.25md EOD in the last few weeks to reduce higher levels of Estrogen as your exogenous testosterone reduces . . .

Continue to eat well, slightly lower intensity of training, Stay OFF hormones for a minimum of 3 months to allow blood pressure cholesterol and liver enzymes to return to normal . . . (plus the unseen cardiovascular damage due to long term anabolic hormone usage) . . .

This cycle is perfect for some jumping into AAS for the first time after doing their research, getting their diet and lifting routine hammered out, and being over 21. It gets you familiar with injectables and orals as well. All the compounds are typically free of extreme side effect and are at reasonable dosages which will provide gains while minimizing complications. This cycle is pretty versatile, the orals can be substituted with others or taken out all together. Other injectables can be added as well but remember that every cycle should have Testosterone in it, even if it's a low dose.

As one becomes more experienced the dosages, types of compounds, numbers of compounds, and cycle length can be adjusted. This cycle is modular, compounds can be added and swapped.

It is imperative that Testosterone be included in any cycle and orals should not be run more than 4 -5 weeks with a maximum of two oral types being run at once. However, there are some oral steroids that absolutely have to be run without others and can't be used longer than 2 weeks. Always do your research, better safe than sorry.

That's it! Good luck on your very first cycle and your journey to becoming a true Monster begins now . . .
Amazing post, thank you for all of the knowledge.

Iraqvet_rhino

Rookie
Fantastic guide!! Being new to this, it is an excellent guide which I will be following. One question, with the 500mg test E per week, is that one injection per week or 2 ingections of 250mg per week

JMan

Super Heavyweight
Fantastic guide!! Being new to this, it is an excellent guide which I will be following. One question, with the 500mg test E per week, is that one injection per week or 2 ingections of 250mg per week
Some prefer 1 injection per week, most prefer to split it up into 2.
I’ve never found it to make much of a difference in how I feel or gain. It definately shows a difference in my bloodwork. But from a practical results perspective, not really any difference.

PeptidesPrionsProtein

Lightweight
Doc Juice,

Really love how you suggested a taper program. Great Read. I’ve been preaching this for years to those who ask me cycle questions. Although, I usually add some PCT and HCG (last week of cycle) for good measure for 2-3 weeks after last injection.

LargeLad93

Rookie
Tapering off is absolutely the only way I do things now. The recovery is amazingly quicker, the gains definitely stick around, and it makes the overall experience of coming off a breeze. Never coming off cold turkey again.
As you may know I am a new member to CJM I want to start my first cycle! I am wondering if it would be advised to keep the AI for the duration of the cycle while tapering off with 500 mg Test? Could I find the middle ground for PCT and Tapering? Could I include Nolva or clomid as I know they could help bring my natural levels back?

Shanewreck

Rookie
Ahhh just posted a first cycle thread and then found this ... awesome wealth of info for first timer . Especially with info given on methadone and straight t cycles! Thanks a lot !

Looking4gains

Rookie
Good post, keeping it to the basics and hopefully steering some of the highschooler's away from messing up their natural gains

TRUCK

Heavyweight
This is exactly the post I was looking for, thanks !

Syche

Heavyweight
Wish this was around about 10-15 years ago I went in heavy

Top Bottom